Friday, February 24, 2012

Psycho Douchebag

I am a drama magnet.

Well, at least when it comes to group projects. I seem to attract the weirdest and most complicated group members in my projects in school.

If you have not read about my experience last year with my SEA group, do check it out here.

This post is about my philo group this semester, and the drama that has occurred.



It is best for me to present events chronologically to let you appreciate the whole situation.
In fact, I will just show you the entire text conversation.

It all started with this first text, which I sent to everyone


So after a series of exchanges, all of us, the PsychoDouchebag included, agreed on the meeting day and time.

Then I sent them another text, suggesting we do some prep work beforehand, so that our meeting would be more fruitful. I mean, better than just meet up and stare at each other right. So my SMS ended with something like this:


I didn't know if they wanted to choose their own parts or what, so I just asked them for what they preferred la, that's why the 'Let me know what you think"

Then, everyone else cheerfully agreed to my proposal, except for the psychodouchebag, who clearly was too lazy to do prep work beforehand. And he says 'we still have a lot of time we don't need to rush it' (presentation was on Week 7 btw, the week full of midterms and other crap)

So my reply to him:


Didn't want to force him into anything, so I just said we'll see what the rest say. Makes sense? Seems reasonable? I thought so.

Nothing prepared me for his reply....





He is questioning my use of exclamation marks in a text message?? Is he some hypersensitive kid or what?!? And it's not like I used multiple exclamation marks.
Plus his dictatorial comment made no sense, considering I was asking for everyone's opinion, not straight-out assigning stuff.
(his 'A lot, not alot' was trying to correct my English, which he does repeatedly because I deliberate typed it as 'alot' again to aggravate him lolol)
(His phone is spoilt so all his 'p's are missing)

????????????
So I am the one being rude when he's calling me dictatorial and slamming my use of exclamation marks. Right.

And I don't know what's with his 'Let's take a break', he think we couple ah then having lover's spat and have to 'take a break'???

Anw I was asking him in what way was I rude, and his reply:


????????
OH SORRY I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A CONVENTION FOR USING EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! SO WHAT'S THE RULE? 2 FOR EVERY 100 CHARACTERS? 2^PI / 24 MULTIPLIED BY THE CONSTANT K?

This was on my mind through the whole conversation.


(the voluntarily fill me in part was this - He missed a lecture (or a tutorial or something) and he asked the group if anyone was willing to fill him in about happened and share notes. Before all this happened I told him sure, I could show him my notes and whatever and told him about what happened.
And now he says I didn't voluntarily fill him in... yea sure I forgot he had a knife at my throat and my family at gunpoint when he asked that.
INGRATE.)


I am repeatedly trying to get him to answer my question about WHAT EXACTLY DID HE WANT because everyone else was agreeable to my suggestion EXCEPT for him. (This text was about the 3rd time I was asking)
Instead, he ignores everything.
And now, he's tired of me. Yea yea, I make you reallyyy exhausted. (thatswhatshesaid)

Anyway, I told him to calm down and read my texts properly and answer the question.

I'm getting impatient. A normal person would have lost it about 5 smses back.

His reply:

He seems to love the phrase 'there u hv it'.

~~~

This was the end of this interaction, and immediately after this I arranged for an online meeting with the rest of my group to discuss this psycho. Like what on earth are we supposed to do right.

So after some discussion we had a proper division of workload (him included), and so we got one of the girls to text him.

So that girl, let's call her X, messages him, and asks him which part he wanted, A or B. Basically quite flexible, don't mind anything. And asked him to acknowledge whether he was coming for our rehearsal on Wed (the arranged meeting which we had agreed upon earlier)

Instead of answering her, he goes all batshit over her and demands to know why we had a meeting without him, to which she replied that Alan(me) had repeatedly asked him about an online meeting but he kept ignoring it.
And of course being the irrational person he was he just ignored that and kept asking the same question over and over and left in a puff, with a sarcastic reply that he would only consider whether to do his work on Monday (4 days later, 2 days before our meeting).


So right now we have 4 cooperative group members, and one weirdo who doesn't want to acknowledge whether he's going to do his part or even turn up for the meeting.
Thus I sent him a long text, trying to resolve things, saying like I dont care if you hate me or anything, it really doesn't matter, but let's just get the job done.
I outlined the work to be done, and told him that if he ignored the text or doesn't respond about the work allocation, we would assume he's out of the group.

And his lovely reply:

Yes yes, I'm the one who needs medical attention because I use too many exclamation marks! Oh dear!! Exclamation Mark Syndrome!!

Soooo yup we met on Wed as agreed (without him), discussed everything, and settled everything. And we all agreed to kick him out of the group.

Today, I just had a meeting with the prof (apparently PsychoDouchebag had been emailing prof about this and prof called for the meeting) and the prof just said ok Psycho will do something separate on his own and my group will do our presentation as we were. (Psychodouchebag didn't turn up, must have been afraid of facing the truth)

And yup. That's the drama of my philo group.

I don't know why every semester I get some kind of retarded drama with my project group. FML.